Tuesday, October 25, 2011

INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS DAY and ROBERT HENRI


12x12 Oil on Panel
Francine

Today is International Artists Day!  Did you know that we had a day?  It's wonderful, isn't it?  Do you think Hallmark is aware of our day?

To remember this day and in honor of artists who have influenced me, I copied a painting done by Robert Henri.   To learn more about this amazing artist and author of The Art Spirit click here.


On another note, next Monday I will be attending a workshop in Hilton Head Island with Karin Jurick!  For five full and inspiring days I will learn from an artist I admire and meet other artists that I only know through blogging!!  I've been anticipating this for months and now it is almost here!  Yea!!

10 comments:

  1. Cela pourrait être un portrait de Marie Laurencin...
    Magnifique.
    gros bisous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the rendering of "Francine"! The ART SPIRIT by Robert Henri is one of my favorite art books, full of inspiration. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make a fun world with your paintings...I am envious of you going to Hilton Head...that is going to be one awesome workshop

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your portrait! And I'm envious of your workshop! I love Hilton Head. I know you'll have an amazing time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you honor Henri by painting Francine.Your portraits are soulful! I'll be in Hilton Head later next month,lucky for you to attending Karins workshop. Have a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooo jealous! Wish I was doing Karin's workshop again. You will love it. You have done great warm up work for her workshop with all of the faces you have done. Have a great time Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Linda yes I am envious too that you will be in Hilton Head. Have a fabulous time, take lots of pictures and tell us ALL about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. me too, I wish I signed up for that workshop now but I'm hoping between you and Kelley, those of us who can't attend will get a mini fix ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful painting and a great idea along with all the faces you have been working on. Was lucky enough to do Karin's workshop last year at HHI and it was wonderful. Karin is an amazing painter and just so giving and down to earth. You will love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Francine is another beauty Linda :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...