Thursday, May 27, 2010

PRAGUE, CZECH REPUBLIC #3

6X6 Oil on Ampersand Gessobord


When I first visited Goggle Maps this month for the Virtual Paintout I discovered a new tool labeled "Earth". This tool allows views from a bird's eye - very interesting. I mistakingly used it instead of the "Street View." Of course, I couldn't submit it to Virtual Paintout, but decided to go ahead and post here. I had so much fun with the different views and this was fun to paint. I think this is a church with surrounding buildings. The perspective while using "Earth" is off, but I like it - makes the views different. Click here and visit Virtual Paintout and enjoy some nice art work.

7 comments:

  1. Love this! It is my 2nd favorite painting of yours (yellow truck still #1--but this is close 2nd)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the roof lines. You can look at them and know you are not in the US anymore!! It is beautifully rendered, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, love the bird's eye view of this scene, such great abstract shapes with a wonderful color palette. Thanks for visiting my blog..looking forward to "working" with you on our new Texas blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So good. I like the different perspective so much.

    Take care,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work and perspective! Love that big blue roof on the left.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure you can't use this for a vpo post? When we use street view, there is a way to tilt the camera to look down on the street scenes. It's wonderfully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent decision to bring this out on canvas in a beautiful way Linda! Simple palette, the shapes and the top angle makes this piece unique!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...