6x6 Oil on Panel
Day 16 of the 30/30 Challenge
Stacked apples, carefully balanced makes a good pizza. The Cooking Light recipe is below.
As I said in my last post, this series is coming to an end. I have painted a few ahead and those will be the last. I feel it is time to explore other subjects and I am excited about it.
APPLE, GOAT CHEESE AND PECAN PIZZA
from Cooking Light
1 (1-pound) six-grain pizza crust
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups thinly sliced Fuji apple (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Place pizza crust on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices evenly over pizza crust; top with cheese. Sprinkle thyme evenly over cheese. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes or until cheese melts and begins to brown.
- 3. Combine oil and next 3 ingredients (through honey) in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle pecans evenly over pizza; top with arugula mixture. Cut pizza into 6 wedges.
Crumbled feta can be substituted for the goat cheese in this recipe.