Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Last Three

6x6 Oil on Ampersand Gessobord

This will be the last mushroom painting for a while. Although, I learned a lot about painting white - the many colors - I think I will go on to other things and paint white again some other time. There is a lot more to learn!

"The hurrier I go ....... the behinder I get." I don't know who said this or when, but that is how I feel. There just seems to be so much to do and I can't seem to catch up! I begin each day with my list in hand (I love to cross out projects!) with high hopes that all will be completed. HAHAHAHA! The good thing is that I know tomorrow is another day and I can begin again. The last few days the list will get a little smaller and then somehow grow. I have no idea what happens, but the list gets longer. UGH! OK enough whining. Just had to vent a little!

6 comments:

  1. I look forward to more whites. Many years ago my dad told me to stop dating my lists. Just cross of what's done, rewrite them after awhile. But, no dates. That way, I never knew quite how long it took to get things done, or not done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice color on these and very dramatic with the dark background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting is bold,intriguing and unique. Your last post of apples is also a wonderful painting. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've captured so much dimension and texture with these little guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for you kind words Linda. I think this is a good example of "make your lights lighter and your darks darker"

    ReplyDelete
  6. --and I hear ya about projects. There are zillions of them...it is hard to prioritize. Well, projects are like mushrooms...haha, they pop up all over (especially in Oregon) and they are good to harvest and digest!
    Good painting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...