Friday, February 10, 2012

A LESSON ON PATIENCE


These two photographs are of the same painting I completed and posted on January 30th.  The photo on the left was taken inside my studio because it was cloudy outside and prohibited a good photograph.  Yesterday I decided to re-take the photo and I was surprised to see a dramatic difference in the two.  I replaced the old photo with the new one in my post.  What a good learning experience!  My impatience with getting my painting posted on my blog must now be tempered!  Patience!  Not my best trait!

"Have patience with all things, but chiefly have patience with yourself. Do not lose courage in considering you own imperfections but instantly set about remedying them - every day begin the task anew."
Saint Francis de Sales
 .



Have a wonderful week-end ..... and be patient there will
be a fantastic Monday soon!

7 comments:

  1. Big difference! That's a great portrait, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I look even smoother and more sardonically elegant in this one! Yes, definitely the correct light makes all the difference! I am just now investigating indoor lighting for shooting art so as not to be at the mercy of Nature - so much info though, another whole universe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many other wonderful traits...Not to worry! Thanks so much for the info though...good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a difference natural lighting makes! This is a wonderful portrait of Jean -- well done, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't that frustrating when you know the photo you just took of your painting isn't correct? I've taken photo's one right after another and had that happen ... grrrrr. I'm about to do something about it ! Beautiful work on your Mug shots. I'm loving seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All this time I've blamed my camera for poor outcomes! There seems to be a never ending pile of things to learn. Good insight Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this time I've blamed my camera for poor outcomes! There seems to be a never ending pile of things to learn. Good insight Linda.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...