Friday, July 13, 2012

FACE No. 79


8x10 on Raymar Panel
Click HERE to bid on this painting.
This painting is larger than most of the mug shots I've done.  With his long face a larger format was needed.  I enjoyed working on this size and want to try various size formats in the future.
HAPPY PAINTING THIS WEEK-END!
A quote and a painting by Robert Henri:
Genius is not a possession of the limited few, but exists in some degree in everyone. Where there is natural growth, a full and free play of faculties, genius will manifest itself.
Robert Henri

To read a little about Robert Henri, click HERE.  If you don't have a copy of his book The Creative Spirit I highly recommend you buy one.  It's a good read and one you will return to again and again.

Robert Henri

"The Laundres" Robert Henri, oil, 1916


5 comments:

  1. Love the shape of his head! Great job. and thanks for the tip on Robert Henri!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great portrait Linda. You are sooo good.

    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great Linda! I like the larger size too! Love all the subtle tones!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, Your portraits are wonderful. WOW, 79! I am so impressed. Your dedication is inspiring.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...