Thursday, January 2, 2014

FOOD DANCE - CARROTS

6x6 Oil on Panel
Day 2 of the 30/30 Challenge

$100 plus shipping


I wanted to keep these carrots simple with their shapes and colors.  I don't know about you, but I love the shape of carrots and all the greens that are attached to their tops.  And a big plus ... they are good to eat and very healthy.  Wonderful!  I've included one of my favorite  recipes for carrots from one of my favorite cookbooks, The Barefoot Contessa by Ina Garten.  It's easy and soooo good!

Roasted Carrots
Courtesy of Ina Garten
The Barefoot Contessa  1999

12 carrots
3 Tbsp. good olive oil
1 1/4 tsp. Kosher salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp. fresh dill or parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

If the carrots are thick, cut them in half lengthwise: if not, leave whole.  Slice the carrots diagonally in 1 1/2 inch thick slices.  Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper.  Transfer to a sheet pan in 1 layer and roast in oven for 20 minutes, until browned and tender.

Toss carrots with minced dill or parsley, season to taste, and serve.

5 comments:

  1. Love your painting and the recipe, will try that out later. We're in for a big snow in the Northeast! Those carrot greens are so light and feathery, just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy seeing your vegetable paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this painting. Talk about JOY. Great colors, abstract-ness.and good recipe. like your theme

    ReplyDelete
  4. love those colors and shapes...just right! I will try that recipe....sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These carrots look amazing! I like this style Linda...a little bit of abstract,lovely and simple! Thanks for sharing the recipe, I am going to try it tomorrow night:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...