Sunday, January 19, 2014

FOOD DANCE - TOMATOES

6x6 Oil on Panel

    $100.00 plus S&H

This is the last painting in Food Dance (at least for now).  I hope you have enjoyed this series as much as I enjoyed painting it.

I had to look up as to why the tomato is called the love apple.  The answer below is from Ask.com.  And below that is a lovely salsa recipe from Southern Living.

Answer

Tomato is called 'love apple' due to its seductive red colour and its sensuous sweet flesh. It is referred to as the 'devil's fruit' by the Roman Catholic Church. It is believed to be fruit that was used by the serpent to tempt Adam and Eve.


WATERMELON-PEACH SALSA and TOMATOES
Compliments of Southern Living


Ingredients



  • 1/2 cup hot pepper jelly
  • 1 tablespoon lime zest
  • 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
  • 2 cups seeded and diced fresh watermelon
  • 1 cup peeled and diced fresh peaches
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
  • 3 cups baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
  • Garnish: fresh basil sprigs

Preparation

  1. 1. Whisk together pepper jelly, lime zest, and lime juice in a bowl; stir in watermelon and next 3 ingredients.
  2. 2. Season halved baby tomatoes with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste; spoon into cocktail glasses. Top with salsa. Garnish, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted...love the dark background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea it has been this long since I've last been here, Linda! My apologies....Don't pay the ransom, I escaped! Lol.
    I missed the whole food dance series!
    They all look great to me! Your reds are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...