Thursday, January 10, 2013

SUMMER HAT

7x5 Oil on Paper
I painted this on paper.  I read about a new paper by Arches that didn't require any gesso.  So I gave it a try and I like it.  I don't know how much I will use it, but it would be great for plein air and oil sketches.  
The reference photo for this painting is from my trip to NYC several years ago.  I took hundreds of photographs in the few days that I was there.  I was walking out of the Folk Art Museum and this young woman was staring at something.  I couldn't figure out was it was, but she was so still.  Perfect for a snapshot!


3 comments:

  1. Fantastic design in this piece Linda. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this Linda, the girl is perfect and that great abstracted background really interests me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Linda! The view point, shapes and high key are super. I just bought a few sheets of this oil paper and I'm glad to see this success from it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to view my blog and leaving a comment! I read and appreciate each and every one!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...